Geographical and Weather Data
- Located approximately 377 miles north of Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada or 270 miles north of Sioux Lookout, Ontario.
- 53 58' North Latitude and 90 00' West Latitude, Northwestern, Ontario.
- Accessible by air year round and winter road during January, February and March
- Ice freezes up in late October or early November
- Ice begins to breakup in May.
- Warmest temperature 45 degrees fahrenheit.
- Coldest temperature 40 degrees fahrenheit.
Lake Size and Attractions:
- Largest lake in Northwestern, Ontario, Canada.
- 36 miles long and 18 miles wide.
- Lots of beaches for swimming, canoeing, fishing & camping.
Come on over to our community & enjoy the vast unspoiled wilderness.
Moose, Caribou, Black Bear, Timber Wolf, Red Fox , Beaver, Otter, Muskrat, Wolverine, Rabbit, Marten, Mink, Lynx, Red Squirrel, Weasel, Mouse, Skunk, Chipmunk & Moles.
Wild Fowl & Birds:
Canada Goose, Snow Goose, Scooters, Loon, Grebe, Mallard, Bluebills, Golden Eye Hens, Pintail Hens, Ring Neck Duck, Mergansers, Green Wing Teal, Partridge, Swans, Grouse, Ptarmigan, Bald Eagle, Fish & Bird Hawks, Crow, Raven, Gulls, Robin, Owl, Gray Canada Jay, Sparrow, Night Hawks, Kingfisher, Black Birds, Snow Birds, Heron & several kinds of small birds.
Lake & Brook Trout, Speckled Trout, Walleye, Northern Pike, White Fish, Ling, Sturgeon, Red & Brown Suckers, Perch, Frogs & Garter Snakes.
Ants, Worms, House & Black Flies, Wasps, Dragon Flies, May Flies,
several kinds of Butterflies and several kinds of bugs & lots of mosquitos.
Black & White Spruce, Jack Pine, Evergreens, Poplar and Birch.